Drinking and Eating Close to Freshford
The following are all lovely village pubs which are very accessible. Further details of each pub can be found on http://bathpubs.co.uk.
- The Inn at Freshford (less than 5 mins from house)
- Seven Stars, Winsley (0.7 miles)
- Hop Pole Inn, Limpley Stoke (0.9 miles)
- Cross Guns, Avoncliff (0.9 miles). An old historic pub in a scenic country location (canal meets river meets steep hills) which is a lovely walk across the fields in front of The Inn at Freshford.
- The New Inn, Lower Westwood (1.5 miles)
- Wheelwrights Arms, Monkton Combe (1.6 miles)
Walks and places of interest
Freshford and the surrounding valley is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and it is not difficult to see why. There are canal and river walks as well as cross country walks. There are also many historic buildings, including
Boat Hire/Bike Hire, Horse Riding and Golf
All the above can be found within a few miles of the house.
- At The Bath & Dundas Canal Company (2 miles*) http://www.bathcanal.com you can hire boats, canoes and a wide range of bicycles.
- At The Cumberwell Park Golf Club, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire BA15 2PQ (5.2 miles*) http://www.cumberwellpark.com you can play on the Adrian Stiff designed 36 hole course.
- At The Wellow Trekking Centre (3.5 miles*), http://www.wellowtrekking.com there are horse riding lessons or trekking for adults and children of all ages, from beginners to the experienced